Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Violating Rule #1: No Pictures Of Matt

But I thought maybe we could get Marty interested in the blog...

As you can see, I am nearly flawlessly executing the fisherman's trick of holding the fish away from your body, so it looks bigger in the photo.






Doug is not doing so, because his fish was actually pretty big. Took about 20 minutes or so, I think it was, to get it in the boat. (Doug is from Minnesota, so I figure that darn near makes him an honorary Schoewe! at least for this blog...)



Ron was on net duty, which I found can be just as tricky and just as important as doing the reeling in. Not to mention, Ron is kind enough to take us out on his boat and let us catch the fish while he does all the hard work.




Like weighing the fish too. I am embarrassed to admit, I don't remember the weight, 14+ I think. Mine wasn't big enough to merit getting weighed.


But possibly most of all, despite our impressive leviathans dredged up from the deep, perhaps you noticed the water? Yes, we were out on Lake Michigan. Amazing day, like glass out there.

No comments: